Names that mean blood are typically given to powerful and terrifying historical individuals. Dracula, Hannibal, Attila, and Alexander the Great all signify blood. These names are intriguing and alluring, drawing individuals to discover their meanings.
Blood has been utilised for millennia to name children, gods, monarchs, and other important people. Certain names have been symbolic of blood throughout history. Alexander, Dracula, and Cain are blood-related names.
Names have many meanings and origins. Names meaning “blood” are fascinating. These names come from many countries, languages, and civilizations, having several meanings. This site explores names that imply “blood” and the tales behind them so you can choose the right one.
Names That Mean Blood
A Google search for “list of names that mean Blood” yields fascinating results. Baby Names Hub presents a collection of names that signify blood from different cultures. The website My Name is Meaning includes odd and unusual blood-related names.
- Aiden: Aiden is a common blood-related name. This Celtic name means “fire” in Gaelic. Aiden was a common name among pagans who felt it gave strength and power.
- Sanguine: “Sanguine” implies blood. This Latin name means “blood” Blood moon babies were once named Sanguine.
- Crimson: Crimson means blood. This English name comes from the Old French word “cresme” Blood moon babies were once named Crimson.
- Ruby: “Ruby” implies blood. This English name comes from the Old French word “rouge” Blood moon babies were once named Ruby.
- Onyx: Onyx means blood. This Greek name means “fingernail” or “claw” Blood moon babies were once named Onyx.
- Garnet: “Garnet” signifies blood. This name comes from the Old French term for “seed” Blood moon babies were once named Garnet.
- Sang: Baby girls from military households are typically named Sang. “Sang” means strength, courage, and resolve in Vietnamese culture.
- Kavan: Kavan is a battlefield name for boys. “Kavan” means power, courage, and determination in Hindu culture.
- Flann, Flanagan
Japanese Names That Mean Blood
This blog covers a comprehensive list of Japanese names that mean Blood. Whether you are looking for a unique name for a new-born, a character in your novel, or a memorable name for a pet, this list of Japanese names meaning Blood is sure to provide you with plenty of inspiration. All names have been chosen based on their cultural significance and meanings, and with a professional tone of voice, we hope this list of Blood names is helpful in your search!
- Akemi – 明美, アケミ – “bright beauty”
- Anzu – 安豆, アンズ – “peaceful bean”
- Beni – 紅, ベニ – “crimson, deep red”
- Chi – 血, チ – “blood”
- Dai – 大, ダイ – “big, great”
- Kaede – 楓, カエデ – “maple”
- Kai – 海, カイ – “ocean”
- Kiri – 切, キリ – “cut, slicing”
- Ko – 虎, コ – “tiger”
- Midori – 緑, ミドリ – “green”
- Momoko – 桃子, モモコ – “peach child”
- Murasaki – 紫, ムラサキ –“violet, purple”
- Sakura – 桜, サクラ – “cherry blossom”
- Takara – 宝, タカラ – “treasure”
- Tetsu – 鉄, テツ – “iron”
- Tomo – 朋, トモ – “friend”
- Yuki – 雪, ユキ – “snow”
Girl Names That Mean Blood
Looking for a lovely, meaningful girl’s name? Here’s a list of girl names with blood-related meanings. You’ll find traditional and trendy names that reflect your style and values. Consider each name’s meaning before choosing.
- Ada: Ada originates from “athal,” which means “noble” in Germanic.
- Astrid: Astrid means “divine beauty” in Norse.
- Caela: : “chaste” in Latin.
- Daphne: Daphne means “laurel tree” in Greek.
- Fenella: means “fair shoulder” in Gaelic.
- Gwyneth: means “fair” in Welsh.
- Imogen: name Imogen means “maiden.”
- Lily: Lily means “flower” in Latin.
- Maeve: Maeve means “intoxicating” in Irish.
- Rowan: Rowan means “redhead” in Gaelic.
- Saoirse: Saoirse means “freedom” in Irish.
- Scarlet: Scarlet means “red” in English.
- Siobhan: Siobhan means “God isgracious” in Irish.
- Sorcha: Sorcha means “bright” in Gaelic.
- Tara: Tara means “hill” in Irish.
- Tulsi: Tulsi means basil in Hindi.
- Vera: Vera means “faith” in Russian.
- Viola: Viola means “violet” in Latin.
- Willow: Willow means ‘slender’ in English.
- Yasmine: Yasmine means “jasmine flower”
Boy Names That Mean Blood
If you want a distinctive and significant boy’s name, look no further. Here’s a list of boy names that mean blood to help you pick the right one. We hope this list will help you pick the perfect name for your child.
- Aidan: Aidan means ‘small flames’ in Irish. It’s a bold name for an energetic boy.
- Bruno: Bruno means ‘brown’ in German. It’s a robust and trustworthy name for a powerful boy.
- Cain: Cain means ‘spear’ in Hebrew. It’s a warrior-like name for a fearless boy.
- Dragan: Dragan means ‘dragon’ in Slavic. It’s a bold name for an energetic boy.
- Ethan: Ethan means ‘strong’ in Hebrew. It’s a robust and trustworthy name for a powerful boy.
- Finn: Finn means ‘fair’ in Irish. It’s a playful name for a delightful and naughty boy.
- Goran: Goran means ‘mountain guy’ in Slavic. It’s a bold, robust name for an outdoorsy boy.
- Loki: Loki means ‘trickster’ in Norse. It’s a mischievous and lively name, suitable for an energetic kid.
- Odin: Odin means ‘father of the gods’ in Norse. It’s a grand and noble name befitting a future king.
- Seth: Seth means ‘appointment’ in Hebrew. It’s an ambitious name for a boy destined for greatness.
- Thor: Norse Thor means ‘thunder’ It’s a bold name for an energetic boy.
- Titus: Titus means ‘defender’ in Latin. It’s a strong name for a fearless boy.
- 150+ Names That Mean Wind: Most Gusty Baby Names
- 150+ Names That Mean Butterfly: Just As Unique As You!
Naming children is a meaningful custom for parents and children. Naming a kid is a personal decision with numerous options. Some names have special importance to parents, while others are popular or reflect the child’s characteristics. It’s crucial to evaluate a name’s meaning for the child and family.
Be the first to comment