Welcome to the blog on unique Leprechaun names! We have gathered a list of names from mythology and family lore, as well as made-up names for your amusement. This site will present you with a fascinating selection of names to explore, whether you’re a die-hard fan of Irish culture or just searching for inspiration for your next Halloween costume. Therefore, let’s begin honouring these little green tricksters!
Perhaps the most well-known aspect of leprechauns is their fabled gold pot, which is claimed to be hidden at the end of the rainbow. However, there is a great deal more to these mythical creatures than their love of all things dazzling. In reality, leprechauns are well-known for their mischievous behaviour, frequently playing pranks on both humans and animals. Therefore, it is only appropriate that they have such unusual and intriguing names.
Some of the most common leprechaun names originate in Irish folklore. Paddy, for instance, is rumoured to be the King of the Leprechauns. There’s also Sean, who is known for his passion for music, and Shay, who is, you guessed it, known for his mischief! These are only a handful of the numerous leprechaun names that have been passed down through the centuries.
Of course, you don’t need to be Irish to enjoy a good leprechaun name. In fact, there are plenty of leprechaun names that have been made up in recent years. For instance, there’s Lucky, who is said to bring good luck to those who cross his path.
- Ginger, fiery personality.
- Patrick, always up for fun.
- Shamrock, the appropriate name for a green-loving leprechaun.
- Oisin, Irish deer name Oisin is popular.
- Finn, means “blond” in Irish.
- Lorcan, Irish Lorcan means “small fierce one”.
- Conall, meaning “hero” in Gaelic, is a powerful Irish name.
- Cillian, means “small church” or “tiny cell” like Conall.
- Aiden, means “fire” in Irish.
- Sean, means “god is gracious” in Irish.
- Shaun, signifies “gift from god” like Sean.
- Brigid, Irish Brigid comes from the Celtic goddess of fire, fertility, and healing.
- Niamh, means “bright” in Irish.
- Orla, Irish female name Orla means “golden ruler.”
- Meadbh, Royal Irish name means “intoxicating one”.
- Lilith, means “devil” in Irish.
- Sorcha, means “radiant” in Irish.
- Keane, means “fighter” or “warrior” in Irish.
- Lochlann, means “land of lakes” in Irish.
- Eoin, means “god is good” in Irish.
- Aoife, means “life” in Irish.
- Cairbre, means “charioteer” in Irish.
- Seanán, means “ancient and wise” and Diarmuid means “without opponent.”
- Pádraig, means “noble” or “patrician” in Irish.
- Lir, Irish sea god Lir.
- Cian, means “ancient” or “endless” in Irish.Oisín means “small deer” like Oisin.
- Finn, means “fair” or “white,” as does Fionn.
- Caoimhín, means “little Victorious one” in Irish.
- Aodhán, means “small fire” in Irish.
- Séamus, means “supplanter” in Irish.
- Brigit, means “exalted one” like Brigid.
Leprechaun Names For Girls
If you’re looking for a leprechaun names that’s sure to make your friends giggle, there are plenty of options out there.
- Neasa, Irish Neasa means “pure” or “holy”.
- Orlaith, Irish for “golden lady,” Orlaith.
- Paddy, like Pádraig, means “noble.”
- Leir means “sea” like Lir.
- Kyan, like Cian, means “far away”.
- Ozzie, like Oisín, means “deer.”
- Finley means “son of the right hand” like Finn.
- Keevin, like Caoimhín, means “handsome.”
- Adan means “small fire” like Aodhán.
- James signifies “one who supplants” like Séamus.
- Brady means “exalted one” like Brigid.
- Niesha, like Neasa, meaning “pure” or “holy”.
- Oralia means “golden lady” like Orlaith.
- Maudie means “intoxicating” like Meadbh.
- Lilith means “night monster,” as does Lillie.
- Sarra signifies “brightness” like Sorcha.
- Quinn signifies “old” like Cian.
- Osborne means “small fawn” like Oisín.
- Flynn means “son of the waves” like Finn.
- Kaitlyn, like Caoimhín, means gentle.
- Avery means “Radiance” like Aodhán.
- Shea means “supplanter” like Séamus.
- Agnes, like Brigid, means’strong’.
- Nicolette means “pure” like Neasa.
Leprechaun Names For Boys
There are many leprechaun names for boys. Some of the more popular ones include Dermot, Aidan, and Finn. Some other less popular but just as cool leprechaun names for boys include Fergal, Declan, and Colm.
- Meadhbh means “intoxicating” like Meadbh.
- Lililite means “night monster” like Lilith.
- Soarcha denotes “brightness” like Sorcha.
- Kian signifies “ancient” like Cian.
- Oyssin means “small fawn” like Oisín.
- Fynn means “son of the waves” like Finn.
- Caiomhe, like Caoimhín, signifies mild.
- Aoibhe means “Radiance” like Aodhán.
- Shay meaning “supplanter” like Séamus.
- Biddy means “strong” like Brigid.
- Nessa means “pure” like Neasa.
- Orlagh, like Orlaith, signifies princess.
- Maeve means “she who intoxicates” like Meadbh.
- Lilith’s variant Lilu means “of the night.”
- Sorsha means “bright” like Sorcha.
- Keegan means “son of Cain” like Keane.
- Lochlan means “land of lakes” like Lochlann.
- Ewan, like Eoin, means “youthful.”
- Eva, like Aoife, means life.
- Cairbre means “charioteer,” as does Carberry.
- Dermot signifies “without opponent” like Diarmuid.
- Shawn, like Seanán, signifies wise.
Funny Leprechaun Names
Hi everyone! Have you ever wondered what your Leprechaun name would be? Are you having trouble coming up with something fun, witty and full of Irish charm? Well, you’re in luck because we’re here to provide you with a comprehensive list of funny Leprechaun names with meaning. We put a lot of thought into this selection, so we’re sure that you’ll find something that suits your personality. Let’s get started!
- Lucky — This name fits someone who always finds four-leaf clovers and wins casino games.
- Clover — Nature enthusiasts who witness a magnificent clover field feel lucky.
- Irish – A great name for anyone who loves Ireland.
- Guinness—for the Leprechaun who likes a pint of the dark stuff.
- LDub — A modern name for the fun-loving leprechaun.
- Pot o’ Gold – Perfect for the Leprechaun who always finds the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Shamrock—perfect for the Leprechaun who’s always hunting for a pot of gold.
- Top o’ the morning—A Leprechaun’s traditional moniker.
- Paddy—the Leprechaun who loves a pint and a good chuckle.
- Finnegan—perfect for the mischievous leprechaun.
- Bridget – A traditional Irish name for the lucky and lovely Leprechaun.
- Shaun—a modern Irish name for the gorgeous and happy Leprechaun.
- Liam – An Irish name fit for a bold and lucky leprechaun.
- Aiden—a modern Irish name for a wise and lucky leprechaun.
- Killian – An Irish name for a brave and lucky leprechaun.
- Riley — The fun-loving Leprechaun’s name.
- Quinn—perfect for the Leprechaun who always finds the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Murphy—a popular Irish name for a bold and lucky Leprechaun.
- O’Reilly—perfect for the Leprechaun who loves a pint and a good chuckle.
- Fitzgerald – An Irish name for a wise and happy leprechaun.
- Dooley—perfect for the mischievous leprechaun.
- Boyle—a popular Irish name for the happy and lovely Leprechaun.
Irish Leprechaun Names
In Ireland, leprechauns are said to be very cunning and lucky. They are also known for their magical properties which make them very desirable as friends ornaments. Some of the most popular Irish leprechaun names include Paddy, Liam, Fionn and Conor.
- Kavanagh – A popular Irish name for a gorgeous and happy leprechaun.
- Callback — A modern moniker for the fun-loving Leprechaun.
- McHale—perfect for the Leprechaun who loves a pint and a good laugh.
- O’Keefe—Perfect for the mischievous leprechaun.
- Gleeson—perfect for the bold and happy leprechaun.
- Connell—Perfect for the smart and lucky leprechaun.
- Sweeny—Perfect for the adventurous and lucky leprechaun.
- Molony—perfect for the party-loving leprechaun.
- McNamara—perfect for the Leprechaun who always finds the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- Tierney—perfect for the Leprechaun who loves a pint and a joke.
- Loftus—perfect for the mischievous leprechaun.
- Whelan—perfect for the smart and lucky leprechaun.
- Daly—Perfect for the lucky, adventurous leprechaun.
- O’Sullivan—perfect for the party-loving leprechaun.
- Reidy—A modern term for the fun-loving leprechaun.
- Rechaun who always finds the pot of gold.
- Ronan—perfect for the bold and lucky leprechaun.
Evil Leprechaun Names
Whether you’re prepping for your next story, brainstorming for a special occasion, or simply looking for a little bit of leprechaun mischief, the list of evil leprechaun names you’ll find here can be the perfect source of inspiration. Loaded with both devilish and delightful meanings, this list of names will offer a unique perspective on the mischievous, magical creatures we all love. With the right combination of creativity and originality, choosing an evil leprechaun name could be the best way to bring a bit of extra magic to your project.
- Spruce – For a playful, energetic leprechaun, Spruce is a terrific name.
- Gremlin evokes naughty creatures.
- Pixie – For a sneaky, nasty leprechaun, Pixie is a perfect name.
- Tinkerbell – One of the most mischievous pixies in fiction, Tinkerbell is a terrific name for a nasty leprechaun who will cause problems.
- Cupid – The naughty deity of love is a perfect moniker for a seductive and deceptive evil leprechaun.
- Damien – An evil leprechaun with a dark and corrupt nature would be named Damien.
- Beelzebub—the lord of demons—is a great name for a wicked, malevolent leprechaun.
- Mephistopheles—Lying demon.
- Legion – An evil leprechaun with a lot of mischievous spirits should be named Legion.
- Satan – A devilish leprechaun should be named Satan, the ultimate evil.
- Lucifer – The fallen angel of darkness is the fitting moniker for a clever, deceiving leprechaun.
- Belial – The demon of anarchy and disorder, Belial is a great name for a nasty, anarchistic leprechaun.
- Azazel – The demon of sloth and neglect, Azazel is suitable for a lazy, impudent evil leprechaun.
- Asmodeus — An evil leprechaun with a fiery temper would be a good fit for this name.
- Boggart – An nasty leprechaun named Boggart will cause mayhem.
- Joker – The naughty DC Comics figure Joker is great for a wicked leprechaun who will cause mischief.
- Harlequin – For a naughty leprechaun, Harlequin is a terrific name.
- Rascal – A naughty leprechaun’s name, Rascal is perfect.
- Imp – A name that reflects the diminutive and mischievous nature of leprechauns, Imp is a terrific choice for an evil leprechaun who is swift and sly. Capricorn – A goat-like creature associated with mischief and turmoil, Capricorn is suitable for an unruly and disruptive evil leprechaun.
- Loki – The Norse deity of chaos and deception is the perfect name for a crafty, treacherous leprechaun.
- Pan – The Greek deity of chaos and mischief is a fitting name for a mischievous leprechaun.
- Puck – Shakespeare’s mischievous sprite from A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a perfect name for an evil leprechaun who will create havoc.
- Faun — A Roman mythological name for a mischievous leprechaun, Faun is perfect.
- 150+ Batman Nicknames That Are Better Than Bruce Wayne
- 350+ Garden Gnome Names That Are Cute, Funny, & Badass
How to find a good Leprechaun Name
Are you trying to find a truly unique and eye-catching Leprechaun name for your next costume party or St. Patrick’s Day event? You may be surprised to learn that with a little bit of research and imagination, you can easily come up with a good Leprechaun name that captures the fun and spirit of this iconic Irish figure. In this blog, we will explore different resources and provide tips on how to select a great Leprechaun name!
Leprechauns have been a part of Irish folklore for centuries. These mischievous creatures are often associated with good luck, treasure, and mischief. Leprechauns are typically portrayed as small men wearing green suits and hats. They may also have a mischievous grin and a pot of gold.
- When it comes to finding a Leprechaun name, the sky is the limit! There are many online resources that can help you come up with a great name. One of our favorite resources is the website, “Leprechaun Name Generator.” This website provides users with a list of Leprechaun names to choose from. Simply select the name that you like the best and voila! You have your Leprechaun name.
- If you want to get a little more creative, you can also try incorporating your own name into a Leprechaun name. For example, if your name is Sarah, you could be “Sassy Sarah the Leprechaun” or “Sarah the Shamrock-Shakin’ Leprechaun.” Get creative and have fun with it!
- Another great resource for finding Leprechaun names is the book, “The Leprechaun’s Name Book: Over 6,000 Fun and Unusual Names.” This book provides a wide variety of Leprechaun names to choose from. Whether you are looking for a traditional name or something more unique, this book is sure to have a name that suits your needs.
So there you have it! With a little bit of research and creativity, you can easily come up with a great Leprechaun name. Be sure to have fun with it and enjoy celebrating all things Irish!
Here are some leprechaun names to consider if you’re looking to add a bit of levity to your life: Lucky, Rumpy, Bumpy, Happy, and of course Grumpy. If you want to become truly elusive, try out names like Bumptious, Mischievous, or Perturbed. No matter your choice, just make sure it’s one that won’t get you into too much trouble!